So, the above shows about half of those buttons I made threaded onto kiln-proof rods which are then placed onto the 'bead tree'. I don't know why they call it a 'bead tree' as it looks more like an Abacus to me.
The whole thing then goes into the kiln. It is an incredibly fiddly job. If any of those buttons touch each other, their glazes will fuse and the buttons will stick together. As you can see, some of them ARE touching, so more fiddly fiddling was required before blast off.
But they came out really well. This is only about half of them.
I still have loads of smaller ones to glaze, but after doing all these I was risking 'button glazing blindness', so I decided enough was enough.
I particularly like these leafy ones - their pattern is striking and unusual, which appeals to me.
Not sure you'd actually use them as functional buttons, possibly more as ornamentation for a garment, or a bag, or something.
I'll show you the rest of this kiln load next time.