This pattern was really easy to map out - I just used the imprint from a hexagon shaped plastic container. Yes - that probably is cheating, but soooo quick!
Then it just remained to give each patch its texture and pattern to give the finished piece some interest. I forced myself to be restrained with the colours on this one - all tones of blue.
I like to think it's the ceramic equivalent of a well-planned quilt for which you went out and chose specific matching fabrics.....
.... as opposed to this one, where all the leftover scraps were used! I was somewhat less restrained here!
The central hexagon is decorated with my favourite clay stamping tool.
It's an old costume jewellery brooch which, when pushed into the clay, leaves a fantastic imprint ready for decoration.
At least, I hope it's just junk jewellery!
You may also spot the glare of sunlight on some of these pictures - obviously I did that on purpose to warm you all up!
Am now off to stoke the fire .... brrrr!