Catherine Daniel Ceramics

Hello and welcome to my blog where I share some of the thought processes and textile/quilting inspirations behind my ceramic art, and occasionally other random topics!
For more details and pictures of my ceramic creations, please see my website -

catherinedanielceramics.com



Monday 17 May 2010

Lots of Firsts

My first Blog post ~ Someone said to me today "Blogging is just another way of talking to yourself ... when I do that I get told off!". Well, I thought it might be fun to start a blog relating to my work, and I do sincerely hope that I'm not talking to myself! But, at the very least it forces me to keep a record (albeit a public one) of my activities relating to my ceramics.

Norfolk Open Studios ~ another 'first'.... have now finished most of my preparations for the upcoming Norfolk Open Studios which I am taking part in, commencing this weekend 22nd May. Very pleased with the variety and standard of the pieces produced - not too many casualties along the way thankfully. Will shortly be turning our living room into a temporary gallery for the three weekends of Open Studios. Normally pots are stored in a tiny study/gallery, prior to taking them out to art galleries, but a larger display space is required for this event. Can picture how it may look in my head - just a matter of translating that into reality! Here goes ...

Quilts Exhibition at V&A ~ Once Open Studios is over, looking forward to starting another body of work incorporating ideas inspired by my recent visit to the "Quilts" exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum. This was a beautiful and fascinating little exhibit which I would recommend to anyone interested in textiles, needlework or social history.


Ceramic Review ~ and another 'first' .... was thrilled to have this picture of one of my pieces featured in the 'Gallery' pages of the current May/June issue of Ceramic Review. What a nice surprise to open my own copy and see it there - had no idea they had accepted it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine and thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - see you're not talking to yourself! Loved the quilts exhibition a the V&A btw

    ReplyDelete