Catherine Daniel Ceramics

Hello and welcome to my blog where I share some of the thought processes and textile/quilting inspirations behind my ceramic art, and occasionally other random topics!
For more details and pictures of my ceramic creations, please see my website -

catherinedanielceramics.com



Wednesday 27 October 2010

Local Flavour


So, imagine my delight on returning from our half-term jolly to find the above catalogue on the mat, featuring my little bits and pieces inside!
Jarrolds is an independent department store, local to Norfolk only. Earlier this year it was voted by readers of The Times as the UK's favourite department store, and personally, its always been a favourite of mine, even though I am not a Times reader!


Jarrolds now run The Forum Shop, which focuses on products made in the region or which capture the region's unique character. They sell a lot of my little hanging decorations and thought they might sell well over the Christmas period.

Speaking of which, the lovely legs below belong to a larger version of the little angels in my last post. This larger angel will be part of a Christmas Exhibition which I hope to take part in during December - of which more later.



I particularly like the message on the ribbon and hope she will eventually find a home with 'someone special'.


I also finished this Christmas piece destined for the same exhibition. I got a bit fed up with Christmas Trees, so I went for old-fashioned building blocks instead. Am quite pleased with the outcome.


Am not pleased with my new camera, though .... so apologies whilst I get used to it and find out quite what all the 'menus' are about. I think they are about 'progress', but am yet to be convinced!

7 comments:

  1. Loving your angels and your beach hut bowl. Congratulations on being in the Jarrolds brochure! Read your comment on my blog to Niobe who said "How true". I'd never thought of myself like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your things look so lovely, and what a thrill to be in Christmas brochure, it looks like a great store x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you! How lovely to be featured.
    Your work is thoroughly deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for your nice comments.
    Wendy - I was thinking of the 'shoe episode' in Norwich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on featuring in that classy catalogue. Beautiful angels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your site and it's logo. They just welcome you. =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Thanks for your kind words and visit on my blog. Now, I've just spent the whole afternoon meandering through your blog and site, what a treat! I love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete